Sneaky Pete meatballs
I call these Sneaky Petes because I sneak some vegetables in that I otherwise would never eat cooked, due to texture, lol.
2 pounds ground meat (for Pietros (or Italian meatballs) I use a pound of Italian sausage (casings removed) and a pound of ground pork or chicken (or you could just use 2 pounds of Italian sausage)
2 medium carrots
1 large onion
2 large garlic cloves
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
1 Tbsp parsley flakes
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/2-2/3 c. milk
1/2 c. breadcrumbs (I use plain, so I also add 1/2 t. oregano and 1/2 t. basil, but you could just use Italian breadcrumbs)
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
In a large mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, egg, and milk. Grate in carrots, onion, and garlic. Mix and add in spinach. Combine with meat, using hands, and refrigerate for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
Form meatballs using about 2 Tbsp. of mixture. Fry lightly in a skillet over medium heat to brown sides and remove to foil- or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Finish baking in 350 degree oven, about 20-30 minutes.
Great in Italian wedding soup, spaghetti and meatballs, or any other place you would use meatballs. You can also just bake these off in the oven (turn halfway through). Can be frozen after baking and used as you would pre-packaged meatballs
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- @nerdist Must have more #Futurama! In any format. Podcast is awesome. Love the audio-only format. #GoodNewsEveryone 2 months ago
- @EspionageMakeup graveyard! 3 months ago
- @GameStop have a question about a product on your site but can't call 800 number. Email address for query? 3 months ago
- @Delta These passengers were trying to bully me and my 2yo on redeye flight. Attendants: kind, caring, sympathetic. #recognizeexcellence 4 months ago
- @Delta Shoutout 2 the flight attendants on AF3633 ATL-STR 20 Jul. Were amazing in face of 3 horrid people on flight. #recognizeexcellence 4 months ago