Sneaky Pete meatballs
I call these Sneaky Petes because I sneak some vegetables in that I otherwise would never eat cooked, due to texture, lol.
2 pounds ground meat (for Pietros (or Italian meatballs) I use a pound of Italian sausage (casings removed) and a pound of ground pork or chicken (or you could just use 2 pounds of Italian sausage)
2 medium carrots
1 large onion
2 large garlic cloves
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
1 Tbsp parsley flakes
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/2-2/3 c. milk
1/2 c. breadcrumbs (I use plain, so I also add 1/2 t. oregano and 1/2 t. basil, but you could just use Italian breadcrumbs)
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
In a large mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, egg, and milk. Grate in carrots, onion, and garlic. Mix and add in spinach. Combine with meat, using hands, and refrigerate for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
Form meatballs using about 2 Tbsp. of mixture. Fry lightly in a skillet over medium heat to brown sides and remove to foil- or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Finish baking in 350 degree oven, about 20-30 minutes.
Great in Italian wedding soup, spaghetti and meatballs, or any other place you would use meatballs. You can also just bake these off in the oven (turn halfway through). Can be frozen after baking and used as you would pre-packaged meatballs
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- Get that girl scout cookie fix! youtu.be/NJsBoBCftjM 5 months ago
- @sassycurmudgeon I grew up in the city they are from. They are so out of touch w reality it's indescribable. Not fit to oversee Ed. 5 months ago
- RT @joshgondelman: Betsy DeVos would do a killer job running one of those orphanages where the kids just sing about how sad they are all da… 5 months ago
- RT @libshipwreck: One of these pictures is of a dramatic threat to public school students, the other is of a bear. https://t.co/HRGg1h5Xw9 5 months ago
- Radical idea: appoint an actual EDUCATOR instead of an out-of-touch billionaire. #DeVosHearing #DearMrPresident #Change4Children #RealReform 5 months ago