Mozzarella stuffed meatballs
This is one of my favorite and easy recipes. You can serve these giant meatballs with pasta, on a sandwich roll, or just by themselves in the sauce. They are pretty filling, and they reheat well.
2 lbs bulk sausage, or sausage links (uncooked), casings removed
12 pieces bocconcini, cherry size (fresh mozzarella balls packed in water, available in the cheese case)
1-28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
1-8 oz. container pesto
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Preheat oven to 400.
Remove bocconcini from water to drain.
Drizzle sheet pan with evoo.
Remove sausage from casings and create one ball of meat in a bowl (if using links). Score meat into quarters (to ensure meatballs are same size). Divide each quarter into thirds. Put one mozzarella ball into sausage meat and form a ball around it. Roll the meatball in the oil and arrange on sheet pan. Repeat until 12 balls are formed. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Empty tomatos into sauté pan; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with evoo. Add pesto and stir to incorporate. Spoon over meatballs when finished.
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- Who would like a #Lego #AliceinWonderland set? Support this idea to get one step closer to #LegoAlice reality! ideas.lego.com/projects/bbd32… 2 months ago
- @LEGOIdeas @LEGO_Group Please make this Alice in Wonderland set happen! twitter.com/Novemayune/sta… 2 months ago
- ideas.lego.com/projects/bbd32… 2 months ago
- @nerdist Must have more #Futurama! In any format. Podcast is awesome. Love the audio-only format. #GoodNewsEveryone 10 months ago
- @EspionageMakeup graveyard! 11 months ago