Broccoli cheese soup
I love broccoli cheese soup. In fact, I love Panera’s broccoli cheese soup so much that I would eat it weekly if I could. No joke. This recipe is so delicious (and easy!) that it definitely rivals Panera’s. And in the bread bowls that my grocery store sells, it’s even got the same feeling as eating some Panera soup. Eat on and enjoy!
4 c. chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
1 c. cream (or whole milk)
4 oz. shredded aged cheddar cheese
1 c. water
1/2 c. flour
1 Tbsp. onion, minced
1/4 c. carrot, finely shredded
1/2 tsp. black pepper
4 c. broccoli florets
In a large saucepan, bring broth, cream, cheddar, water, flour, onion, carrot, and pepper to a boil. (For best results, whisk together flour and water in a separate bowl, then add to pot.) Reduce heat to a simmer, and stir in broccoli florets. Allow to simmer 15-20 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
Makes 4 servings.
*Note: I also stirred in a hefty dash of white pepper and a parmesan cheese rind I had (the very tough part at the wide end of a wedge). Even without, though, it’s delicious
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- Who would like a #Lego #AliceinWonderland set? Support this idea to get one step closer to #LegoAlice reality! ideas.lego.com/projects/bbd32… 2 months ago
- @LEGOIdeas @LEGO_Group Please make this Alice in Wonderland set happen! twitter.com/Novemayune/sta… 2 months ago
- ideas.lego.com/projects/bbd32… 2 months ago
- @nerdist Must have more #Futurama! In any format. Podcast is awesome. Love the audio-only format. #GoodNewsEveryone 10 months ago
- @EspionageMakeup graveyard! 11 months ago