Stuffed porkchops Florentine
In cooking and recipes, Florentine usually means something is in a cream sauce with spinach. This is a great way to incorporate spinach into a meal plan without having to serve spinach alone as a side. Also, whenever serving dark greens, like spinach, it is a good idea to season with some nutmeg, as this will enhance the natural flavors of the greens.
4 pork chops (bone in preferable)
1 lb frozen spinach, thawed and cooled, with all excess water squeezed out
1/4 c. asiago cheese, shredded
1 Tbsp. heavy cream (or milk)
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 c. chicken broth
Pat porkchops dry with a paper towel, and slice into flesh opposite bone to create a pocket to stuff. In a medium bowl, mix together spinach, cheese, cream, egg, nutmeg, and pepper – mixture will be very thick. Stuff 1/4 of mixture into porkchop and thread toothpick through edge to seal. Repeat for other three chops. In a large oven-safe skillet with lid, sear porkchops over high heat (allow to brown about 5 minutes per side without disturbing – when chop is deeply golden brown, flip over and repeat). Add broth to bottom of pan, cover, and transfer to 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, until cooked through.
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- @EspionageMakeup graveyard! 1 week ago
- @GameStop have a question about a product on your site but can't call 800 number. Email address for query? 1 week ago
- @Delta These passengers were trying to bully me and my 2yo on redeye flight. Attendants: kind, caring, sympathetic. #recognizeexcellence 1 month ago
- @Delta Shoutout 2 the flight attendants on AF3633 ATL-STR 20 Jul. Were amazing in face of 3 horrid people on flight. #recognizeexcellence 1 month ago
- Get that girl scout cookie fix! youtu.be/NJsBoBCftjM 7 months ago