(Toddler) Cereal bars
I made these to have on hand as an easy snack or meal for my toddler for days when we need to get going right away instead of letting him laze his way through his usual 90-minute breakfast session.
1 1/2 c. oats
1/4 c. whole wheat flour
2/3 c. dates or dried cranberries, chopped
1/2 c. walnuts, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 c. orange juice
1 1/2 c. raw apple, shredded
2 Tbsp. wheat germ
Combine all ingredients and let sit for 10 minutes. Press into 8×8 baking dish. Bake at 375º until lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Cut into bars while warm and loosen with spatula. Serve hot for breakfast or as a snack. **FREEZES WELL**
*Courtesy of wholesometoddlerfood.com. Next time, I’m going to add a tsp. of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- Who would like a #Lego #AliceinWonderland set? Support this idea to get one step closer to #LegoAlice reality! ideas.lego.com/projects/bbd32… 2 months ago
- @LEGOIdeas @LEGO_Group Please make this Alice in Wonderland set happen! twitter.com/Novemayune/sta… 2 months ago
- ideas.lego.com/projects/bbd32… 2 months ago
- @nerdist Must have more #Futurama! In any format. Podcast is awesome. Love the audio-only format. #GoodNewsEveryone 10 months ago
- @EspionageMakeup graveyard! 11 months ago