Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts
I love Papa Murphy’s Mediterranean chicken deLite pizza, and that definitely informed my creation of this recipe. This is a delicious and light dinner option. To make it truly like Papa Murphy’s pizza, add some drained and chopped artichoke hearts. I didn’t have any on hand when I created this recipe, hence the omisison.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c. (herbed) feta cheese
2 garlic cloves, shaved or pasted
2 slices sun-dried tomato, minced
1/4 c. raw spinach, chiffonaded
1/3 c. chicken broth
Extra virgin olive oil
Drizzle 3 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet with lid over medium-low heat. Shave garlic, mince tomato, and chiffonade spinach; combine garlic, tomato, spinach and feta. Pat chicken breasts dry, then using a paring knife, slice a pocket into the thickest part of the breast, being careful not to slice through. Stuff chicken breasts with feta mixture. Season outside of breasts with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Place into hot skillet and allow to sit for 5 minutes before turning (should be a nice golden brown). Allow to brown another 5 minutes, add broth, cover, and reduce heat. Let simmer on low for 15-20 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- Who would like a #Lego #AliceinWonderland set? Support this idea to get one step closer to #LegoAlice reality! ideas.lego.com/projects/bbd32… 2 months ago
- @LEGOIdeas @LEGO_Group Please make this Alice in Wonderland set happen! twitter.com/Novemayune/sta… 2 months ago
- ideas.lego.com/projects/bbd32… 2 months ago
- @nerdist Must have more #Futurama! In any format. Podcast is awesome. Love the audio-only format. #GoodNewsEveryone 10 months ago
- @EspionageMakeup graveyard! 11 months ago