I grew up in Michigan, where wet burritos are apparently pretty localized. For those of you unfamiliar with wet burritos, they are your typical burrito, except they are smothered in a ranchero-type sauce and covered with cheese.
1 lb. ground beef, thawed
1 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 small onions, chopped
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
1 can Refried Beans
1 can tomato sauce + 1 can water
1 pkg Enchilada Seasoning Mix
1 Tbsp. cornstarch in 3 Tbsp. cold water
4 large (burrito) flour tortillas
1-2 bags Shredded Mexican or Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Lettuce, Tomatoes, Green/Red Sweet Peppers (optional)
Sour Cream, Salsa, Guacamole (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Brown ground beef in oil, garlic and onion.
Add Taco Seasoning and Refried Beans.
In saucepan, add tomato sauce, 1 can water, and Burrito Seasoning. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
Slowly whisk corn starch mixture in tomato mixture until desired texture.
In bottom of 9×13 pan, spread 1/2 c. sauce.
Layer 4 large tortillas in pan….overlapping is ok.
Add meat mixture with a little sauce over it, even amounts of meat/beans over the four tortillas.
You may add veggies at this point or choose to have them on the side.
Roll burritos seperately. First you fold in the sides, then roll it completely shut.
Pour remaining sauce on top, saturating the burritos.
Layer each burrito with a considerable amount of cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
***If you chose to have veggies on top, add them just before serving, or on the side. Serve with your choice of sour cream, salsa, and/or guacamole. You can also serve with tortilla chips for scooping up excess sauce and filling mixture.
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- @nerdist Must have more #Futurama! In any format. Podcast is awesome. Love the audio-only format. #GoodNewsEveryone 6 months ago
- @EspionageMakeup graveyard! 7 months ago
- @GameStop have a question about a product on your site but can't call 800 number. Email address for query? 7 months ago
- @Delta These passengers were trying to bully me and my 2yo on redeye flight. Attendants: kind, caring, sympathetic. #recognizeexcellence 7 months ago
- @Delta Shoutout 2 the flight attendants on AF3633 ATL-STR 20 Jul. Were amazing in face of 3 horrid people on flight. #recognizeexcellence 7 months ago