This works great as a meal any time, not just for breakfast. It could also be partially prepared ahead (up until baking) and then baked off in the morning. It is also very delicious as leftovers. You could substitute some leftover pasta for the hashbrowns too.
1/2 package shredded hashbrowns
2 T (vegetable) oil
2 T minced onion
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. dill
2 tsp. Frank’s red hot sauce
1/4 c. ham slices, minced
1/3 c. mozzarella
In a high-sided, oven-safe skillet, heat 2 T. oil over medium high heat. Add hashbrowns and onions, season with salt and pepper, press firmly with a spatula and let cook for 5-7 minutes. Turn over in sections and remove from heat. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, dill, and hot sauce and whisk briskly. Layer ham and cheese on top of hashbrowns and pour eggs over top. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in skillet at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until eggs are fluffy and golden. Serve hot, with additional hot sauce if desired.
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- Get that girl scout cookie fix! youtu.be/NJsBoBCftjM 5 months ago
- @sassycurmudgeon I grew up in the city they are from. They are so out of touch w reality it's indescribable. Not fit to oversee Ed. 5 months ago
- RT @joshgondelman: Betsy DeVos would do a killer job running one of those orphanages where the kids just sing about how sad they are all da… 5 months ago
- RT @libshipwreck: One of these pictures is of a dramatic threat to public school students, the other is of a bear. https://t.co/HRGg1h5Xw9 5 months ago
- Radical idea: appoint an actual EDUCATOR instead of an out-of-touch billionaire. #DeVosHearing #DearMrPresident #Change4Children #RealReform 5 months ago