This works great as a meal any time, not just for breakfast. It could also be partially prepared ahead (up until baking) and then baked off in the morning. It is also very delicious as leftovers. You could substitute some leftover pasta for the hashbrowns too.
1/2 package shredded hashbrowns
2 T (vegetable) oil
2 T minced onion
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. dill
2 tsp. Frank’s red hot sauce
1/4 c. ham slices, minced
1/3 c. mozzarella
In a high-sided, oven-safe skillet, heat 2 T. oil over medium high heat. Add hashbrowns and onions, season with salt and pepper, press firmly with a spatula and let cook for 5-7 minutes. Turn over in sections and remove from heat. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, dill, and hot sauce and whisk briskly. Layer ham and cheese on top of hashbrowns and pour eggs over top. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in skillet at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until eggs are fluffy and golden. Serve hot, with additional hot sauce if desired.
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- @nerdist Must have more #Futurama! In any format. Podcast is awesome. Love the audio-only format. #GoodNewsEveryone 6 months ago
- @EspionageMakeup graveyard! 7 months ago
- @GameStop have a question about a product on your site but can't call 800 number. Email address for query? 7 months ago
- @Delta These passengers were trying to bully me and my 2yo on redeye flight. Attendants: kind, caring, sympathetic. #recognizeexcellence 7 months ago
- @Delta Shoutout 2 the flight attendants on AF3633 ATL-STR 20 Jul. Were amazing in face of 3 horrid people on flight. #recognizeexcellence 7 months ago