My mom found a recipe for breakfast pizza while I was in high school, I think. So I’ve been eating it for a few years. But her recipe was, no offense mom, just a little dull. So, I’ve played around with it for a while, and I think that I’ve come up with a good and flavorful twist on it. This is great to actually have for breakfast, to make and bake ahead for a quick weekday breakfast, or a great and different dinner. (I’m a big fan of breakfast for dinner. My husband? Not so much.) My favorite breakfast meat is bacon, but this would work with whichever breakfast meat you prefer. If the meat is raw, cook it before using in the recipe.
9×13 pan, greased
2 tubes crescent rolls
8 large eggs
1/3 c. milk
1 Tbsp. Franks red hot sauce (more if desired)
6 slices bacon, cooked crispy (or 1/2 package of sausage meat, cooked and crumbled)
1/2 medium (sweet) onion, minced
1/2 c. shredded (cheddar) cheese
1 tsp. dill
Press crescent rolls into bottom of greased 9×13 pan; ensure seams are closed to prevent egg leaking under crust. Sprinkle onion and bacon on crust. In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and hot sauce. Gently pour egg mixture over crust. Sprinkle with dill, salt, pepper and cheese. Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes until crust is golden brown and egg is set in the middle.
Serve hot out of the oven, or allow to cool to room temperature. Either way, it is delicious!
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- @EspionageMakeup graveyard! 1 week ago
- @GameStop have a question about a product on your site but can't call 800 number. Email address for query? 1 week ago
- @Delta These passengers were trying to bully me and my 2yo on redeye flight. Attendants: kind, caring, sympathetic. #recognizeexcellence 1 month ago
- @Delta Shoutout 2 the flight attendants on AF3633 ATL-STR 20 Jul. Were amazing in face of 3 horrid people on flight. #recognizeexcellence 1 month ago
- Get that girl scout cookie fix! youtu.be/NJsBoBCftjM 7 months ago