My mom found a recipe for breakfast pizza while I was in high school, I think. So I’ve been eating it for a few years. But her recipe was, no offense mom, just a little dull. So, I’ve played around with it for a while, and I think that I’ve come up with a good and flavorful twist on it. This is great to actually have for breakfast, to make and bake ahead for a quick weekday breakfast, or a great and different dinner. (I’m a big fan of breakfast for dinner. My husband? Not so much.) My favorite breakfast meat is bacon, but this would work with whichever breakfast meat you prefer. If the meat is raw, cook it before using in the recipe.
9×13 pan, greased
2 tubes crescent rolls
8 large eggs
1/3 c. milk
1 Tbsp. Franks red hot sauce (more if desired)
6 slices bacon, cooked crispy (or 1/2 package of sausage meat, cooked and crumbled)
1/2 medium (sweet) onion, minced
1/2 c. shredded (cheddar) cheese
1 tsp. dill
Press crescent rolls into bottom of greased 9×13 pan; ensure seams are closed to prevent egg leaking under crust. Sprinkle onion and bacon on crust. In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and hot sauce. Gently pour egg mixture over crust. Sprinkle with dill, salt, pepper and cheese. Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes until crust is golden brown and egg is set in the middle.
Serve hot out of the oven, or allow to cool to room temperature. Either way, it is delicious!
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- Get that girl scout cookie fix! youtu.be/NJsBoBCftjM 5 months ago
- @sassycurmudgeon I grew up in the city they are from. They are so out of touch w reality it's indescribable. Not fit to oversee Ed. 5 months ago
- RT @joshgondelman: Betsy DeVos would do a killer job running one of those orphanages where the kids just sing about how sad they are all da… 5 months ago
- RT @libshipwreck: One of these pictures is of a dramatic threat to public school students, the other is of a bear. https://t.co/HRGg1h5Xw9 5 months ago
- Radical idea: appoint an actual EDUCATOR instead of an out-of-touch billionaire. #DeVosHearing #DearMrPresident #Change4Children #RealReform 5 months ago