Guest contribution: Slow-cooker ribs
This is a recipe from my friend. She is so amazing, because she doesn’t eat meat, but she dutifully prepares it for her husband and two-year-old daughter. It is very hard to properly cook something if you don’t eat it (and thereby taste what you have done to it), but she consistently hits it out of the park. This is an easy meal for her to prepare and her husband absolutely loves it.
1 package ribs (you choice of cut, she used boneless country ribs)
1 bottle of barbeque sauce
1-12 oz. can of Dr. Pepper
Place ribs in crock and slather with 3/4 of bbq sauce and pour in can of Dr. Pepper. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove from crock and place on cookie sheet lined with foil; top with remaining sauce and bake at 350 until the sauce carmelizes (about 20-30 minutes). Serve with your favorite vegetable as a side.
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- Get that girl scout cookie fix! youtu.be/NJsBoBCftjM 5 months ago
- @sassycurmudgeon I grew up in the city they are from. They are so out of touch w reality it's indescribable. Not fit to oversee Ed. 5 months ago
- RT @joshgondelman: Betsy DeVos would do a killer job running one of those orphanages where the kids just sing about how sad they are all da… 5 months ago
- RT @libshipwreck: One of these pictures is of a dramatic threat to public school students, the other is of a bear. https://t.co/HRGg1h5Xw9 5 months ago
- Radical idea: appoint an actual EDUCATOR instead of an out-of-touch billionaire. #DeVosHearing #DearMrPresident #Change4Children #RealReform 5 months ago