Guest contribution: Slow-cooker ribs
This is a recipe from my friend. She is so amazing, because she doesn’t eat meat, but she dutifully prepares it for her husband and two-year-old daughter. It is very hard to properly cook something if you don’t eat it (and thereby taste what you have done to it), but she consistently hits it out of the park. This is an easy meal for her to prepare and her husband absolutely loves it.
1 package ribs (you choice of cut, she used boneless country ribs)
1 bottle of barbeque sauce
1-12 oz. can of Dr. Pepper
Place ribs in crock and slather with 3/4 of bbq sauce and pour in can of Dr. Pepper. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove from crock and place on cookie sheet lined with foil; top with remaining sauce and bake at 350 until the sauce carmelizes (about 20-30 minutes). Serve with your favorite vegetable as a side.
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- @nerdist Must have more #Futurama! In any format. Podcast is awesome. Love the audio-only format. #GoodNewsEveryone 2 months ago
- @EspionageMakeup graveyard! 3 months ago
- @GameStop have a question about a product on your site but can't call 800 number. Email address for query? 3 months ago
- @Delta These passengers were trying to bully me and my 2yo on redeye flight. Attendants: kind, caring, sympathetic. #recognizeexcellence 4 months ago
- @Delta Shoutout 2 the flight attendants on AF3633 ATL-STR 20 Jul. Were amazing in face of 3 horrid people on flight. #recognizeexcellence 4 months ago