Guest contribution: Mediterranean brisket
My friend mentioned making this in a post on facebook – I was sold. I love Mediterranean flavors, and I really don’t know how to cook a good brisket, so when she agreed to share the recipe with me, I had to turn around and share it with you all!
1-14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, with juice
1 c. dry red wine
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup kalamata (or other black olives) pitted and chopped
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1-2 1/2 lb. piece flat-cut brisket, trimmed
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
Place tomatoes, wine, garlic, olives, and rosemary in crock of slow cooker and stir to combine. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper to season. Place brisket on top of tomato mixture and spoon half of it over the meat to cover. Cover and cook on high until meat is fork tender, 5-6 hours.
Carefully transfer brisket to a foil-lined pan and tent loosely with foil, allowing to rest 10 minutes. Skim excess fat from sauce and season with salt and pepper. Slice brisket against the grain; spoon some sauce over the meat and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with remaining sauce on the side.
Note: to thicken the cooking juices left in your crock, mix 3 Tbsp. cornstarch in 1/2 c. cold water and stir into juices in crock. Turn on high and cover. After 15 minutes (enough time to let you meat rest and then slice it), you should have a thick and succulent sauce to serve with your meat!
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- @nerdist Must have more #Futurama! In any format. Podcast is awesome. Love the audio-only format. #GoodNewsEveryone 6 months ago
- @EspionageMakeup graveyard! 7 months ago
- @GameStop have a question about a product on your site but can't call 800 number. Email address for query? 7 months ago
- @Delta These passengers were trying to bully me and my 2yo on redeye flight. Attendants: kind, caring, sympathetic. #recognizeexcellence 7 months ago
- @Delta Shoutout 2 the flight attendants on AF3633 ATL-STR 20 Jul. Were amazing in face of 3 horrid people on flight. #recognizeexcellence 7 months ago