Guest contribution: Easy peasy (but oh-so-tasty) meatballs
This is from the same friend – she is a vegetarian, but regularly cooks meat dishes for her husband and daughter. She doesn’t eat the meatballs, but says she loves the sauce on cheese cubes! Enjoy!
1 bag of frozen, pre-cooked meatballs
8 oz. grape jelly
1 jar Heinz chile sauce
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
Mix chili sauce, grape jelly, and brown sugar in a crock pot. Jelly wont mix in too well yet. Add meatballs and cook on high for 3 hours or until meatballs are done. Stir around a little and enjoy.
Note: My mom made some similar meatballs last year for a family get-together and used a small jar of cranberry sauce instead of the jelly. She said it was delicious. So now you really have two recipes! And even though you use an entire jar of chile sauce, I have been assured that these aren’t spicy in the least.
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- Get that girl scout cookie fix! youtu.be/NJsBoBCftjM 5 months ago
- @sassycurmudgeon I grew up in the city they are from. They are so out of touch w reality it's indescribable. Not fit to oversee Ed. 5 months ago
- RT @joshgondelman: Betsy DeVos would do a killer job running one of those orphanages where the kids just sing about how sad they are all da… 5 months ago
- RT @libshipwreck: One of these pictures is of a dramatic threat to public school students, the other is of a bear. https://t.co/HRGg1h5Xw9 5 months ago
- Radical idea: appoint an actual EDUCATOR instead of an out-of-touch billionaire. #DeVosHearing #DearMrPresident #Change4Children #RealReform 5 months ago