This is one of my favorite recipes from when I was growing up. It is simple and tastes phenomenal. I usually serve it over cooked egg noodles. It does take some planning ahead as it has to cook for 3 hours.
1 lb. stew meat, trimmed
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet Lipton’s beefy onion soup mix
2 c. water
In a 2-quart greased covered-casserole dish, whisk together cream of mushroom soup, beefy onion soup mix, and water. When thoroughly combined, add in stew meat, making sure to break up into individual pieces. Cover with foil and then casserole lid. Bake at 350 for 3 hours. Serve hot.
Note: I don’t like cream of mushroom soup, so I always make this with cream of chicken soup. It doesn’t taste weird, I promise, lol.
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- Get that girl scout cookie fix! youtu.be/NJsBoBCftjM 5 months ago
- @sassycurmudgeon I grew up in the city they are from. They are so out of touch w reality it's indescribable. Not fit to oversee Ed. 5 months ago
- RT @joshgondelman: Betsy DeVos would do a killer job running one of those orphanages where the kids just sing about how sad they are all da… 5 months ago
- RT @libshipwreck: One of these pictures is of a dramatic threat to public school students, the other is of a bear. https://t.co/HRGg1h5Xw9 5 months ago
- Radical idea: appoint an actual EDUCATOR instead of an out-of-touch billionaire. #DeVosHearing #DearMrPresident #Change4Children #RealReform 5 months ago