Twice-baked sweet potatoes
This is a recipe inspired by some of my favorite flavors and one of my favorite ways to prepare regular potatoes – twice baked. Since the sweet potato packs the biggest nutritional punch for your money in the produce department, this is another great way to get them into your meal rotation. It does take some planning ahead, since they take a while, but they are well worth it.
4 small to mid-sized sweet potatoes
1/2 a stick of butter (4 Tbsp.), sliced
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
Wash and poke potatoes with a fork to pierce the skin. Either bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes or microwave until cooked through (I have a potatoes setting on mine, but it’s about 15 minutes). Remove and slice off the top of each and scoop out most of the innards, leaving a boat (with about 1/4 inch of the flesh so your skins don’t fall apart). Place scooped out potato into a mixing bowl with butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt. Mash well so ingredients are well mixed and butter is melted. Scoop back into potato boats (it will be heaping full). Carefully press marshmallows into the top of the refilled potatoes and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until marshmallows are browned and form a delicious, gooey crust on top. Dig in and eat!
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- @nerdist Must have more #Futurama! In any format. Podcast is awesome. Love the audio-only format. #GoodNewsEveryone 4 months ago
- @EspionageMakeup graveyard! 5 months ago
- @GameStop have a question about a product on your site but can't call 800 number. Email address for query? 5 months ago
- @Delta These passengers were trying to bully me and my 2yo on redeye flight. Attendants: kind, caring, sympathetic. #recognizeexcellence 6 months ago
- @Delta Shoutout 2 the flight attendants on AF3633 ATL-STR 20 Jul. Were amazing in face of 3 horrid people on flight. #recognizeexcellence 6 months ago