My last post of twice-baked sweet potatoes had me thinking about twice-baked potatoes. I love twice-baked potatoes – and aside from the amount of time they take, they are really very easy. You can mix anything into the middle that you want – I usually keep it pretty simple. What follows is my basic recipe.
4 mid-sized potatoes
1/3 c. sour cream
1/2 c. shredded cheese, plus extra for topping
4 Tbsp. butter
1/4 small onion, minced
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
Wash and prick potatoes and then bake in the oven or in the microwave (I have a potato setting on my microwave, but it is usually about 15 minutes, or almost an hour in the oven). Slice the tops off and scoop out the potato flesh, leaving about a 1/4 inch so your potato boats are sturdy. Place the potato flesh into a bowl with the sour cream, 1/2 c. of cheese, butter, onion, salt and pepper; mash well and spoon back into potato boats. Top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven (or until cheese is melted, bubbly, and brown). Serve hot.
About menuplanningmamaI am a mother of two, and like many people today, I am also a military wife. Between my husband's work schedule and having two children who are only 20 months apart in age, it is very important to me that my family eat well and that it doesn't take hours out of my life. Menu planning has enabled my family to save money and eat better (which is important to me as a nursing mother). And eating better has great side effects: weight loss!
- @nerdist Must have more #Futurama! In any format. Podcast is awesome. Love the audio-only format. #GoodNewsEveryone 4 months ago
- @EspionageMakeup graveyard! 5 months ago
- @GameStop have a question about a product on your site but can't call 800 number. Email address for query? 5 months ago
- @Delta These passengers were trying to bully me and my 2yo on redeye flight. Attendants: kind, caring, sympathetic. #recognizeexcellence 6 months ago
- @Delta Shoutout 2 the flight attendants on AF3633 ATL-STR 20 Jul. Were amazing in face of 3 horrid people on flight. #recognizeexcellence 6 months ago